Collaborative Hires New Project Director via Specialty Crop Block Grant
MWC Annual Meeting Announced, re-elections and open seats
The second annual meeting of the Michigan Wine Collaborative is scheduled for Thursday, March 1st from 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm at the Radisson Plaza Hotel in Kalamazoo, Michigan during the 2018 Michigan Grape & Wine Conference. Please join us for a brief update on our achievements throughout 2017, and a look at our goals for the new year.
Directly following the general meeting, the Annual Meeting of the Board of Directors and members will be held. One area of focus for this meeting is the election of upcoming vacant board seats. As per the MWC Bylaws, nominations for board members must be made at least two weeks prior toa meeting, and must be voted in by a majority of current voting members. The empty seats thus far for February, 2018 are as follows:
Open – Southeast Winery
Open – Northeast Winery
There are also several slots up for reelection. Any inquiries or nominations for board member seats may be directed to Emily Dockery at [email protected]
- Another great harvest in the books! The unexpected late-season warmth and dryness offered great quantity and quality fruit for our 2017 vintage- both whites and reds. October rains enabled our vines to toughen up their wood for the winter,and are just as eager for the upcoming year as we are. Cheers!
- Reminder that MWC dues are requested by December 31st, 2017. Renew your membership online at https://mwc.wildapricot.org.
- Communications committee meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, December 12th at 11 am. Any inquiries may be directed to committee chair Brian Lesperance.
- MWC members get $20 off registration for the 2018 Michigan Grape & Wine Conference! Register at: https://www.michiganwines.com/2018conference-sessions
- Dr. Trevor Kubatzke of Lake Michigan College pledges to serve only southwest Michigan wines at Mendel Center events
- MWC Board to attend Michigan Greenhouse Growers/Great Lakes Fruit, Vegetable, and Farm Market Expo on Tuesday, December 5-7.
- Sustainability committee meeting is scheduled for Thursday, December 14th at 1 pm. Any inquiries may be directed to committee chair Matt Moersch.
- The Great Lakes Sustainable Wine Alliance has reached 70 members, with over 80 percent of MWC members enrolled for a better Michigan!
Reminder that board meetings take place bi-monthly. All members (voting and non-voting) are welcomed to attend. In addition, time is allotted for public comments or questions. The next board meeting is scheduled for 10 am on Thursday, December 14th. Please contact us at[email protected]or message us on Facebook for further information
For more news and information, please visit us atwww.michiganwinecollaborative.com. As always, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram @michiganwinecollaborative, and now follow us on LinkedIn. We look forward to seeing you online!
Dave Miller, President