Meet MWC’s Second Sponsor!
Petraea Plus is a valued member of the Michigan Wine Collaborative and our second newsletter sponsor. Thank you, Petraea!
Click Here to inquire about sponsorship opportunities with MWC.
Michigan Wines Show Exceptionally Well at 2018 National Restaurant Association Show
MWC participated last month in the 2018 National Restaurant Association show at McCormick Place in Chicago. MWC was honored to be included in the Michigan Department of Agriculture Bar Pavilion along with other Michigan beverage producers such as Atwater and Bell’s Brewing, Blake’s Hard Cider, and Grand Traverse Distillery. MWC made an impact as the only booth at the event to present Michigan wines to restaurateurs, chefs, sommeliers, writers, and an array of other attendees at the event.
Michigan Craft Beverage Council Announced
- Two winemakers
- A winemaker that primarily manufactures cider
- A restaurant representative
- A retail representative
- A small distiller
- A distiller that manufactures more than 60,000 gallons of spirits per year
- A large brewer
- A microbrewer or a brewpub license-holder.
Vines to Wines Finale Coming Up On June 12 at NCMC
MWC At VESTA National Summit
Research & Networking Opportunities In Northern Michigan
- First Friday Meetings – Starting at 3 pm
- July 13th Meeting:The July 13th meeting will be titled “Post-bloom Meeting” and will include an in-person presentation from MSU’S new grape pathologist, Tim Miles. This will be a great time to meet Tim as he is planning to visit NW Michigan to discuss 2017 fungicide efficacy trials to manage various diseases in grapes. This will begin at the NWMHREC at 3pm and will be followed by a wine social at Black Star Farms.
- Aug 23rd Meeting: The August 23rd meeting will be titled “Pre-harvest considerations“ and will run concurrently with the Northwest Michigan Open House. This meeting will include an in-person presentation from Paolo Sabbatini and, depending upon their availability, other members of the MSU faculty to discuss new research projects, and will be followed by a dinner and wine tasting on the grounds of NWMHREC (The NWMHRC Open House and Leelanau Horticultural Society Annual Meeting and Dinner).
A Message From MWC President, David Miller
Custom Crush Tax Rate Update
Member Satisfaction Survey Sent Out to Members
Do you have an event, news, or accolade you would like published through MWC? E-mail Emily at [email protected] to submit material.
Are you involved in any of MWC’s valuable and dynamic committees? We are looking for motivated and industrious members to help our committees thrive. To request more information on available committee seats click here.
The new Cold Climate committee is being chaired by Jessica Youngblood and will be devoted to the support and innovation of cold climate varieties in Michigan. If you are interested in joining or if you have any questions please Contact Jessica. The next meeting for this committee is TBD. Call in information will be listed on Basecamp. Contact Us if you would like to be sent that information.
Communications committee meeting call date is TBD. Call in information will be listed on Basecamp. Contact Us if you would like to be sent that information or to check in about the date of the call. Any inquiries may be directed to committee chair Brian Lesperance.
Membership committee call date is TBD. Call in information will be listed on Basecamp. Contact Us if you would like to be sent that information or to check in about the date of the call. Any inquiries may be directed to committee chair Gina Shay.
Sustainability committee meeting is scheduled for Tuesday June 12th at 11am. Call in information is listed on Basecamp. Contact Us if you would like to be sent that information. Any inquiries may be directed to committee chair Matt Moersch.
MWC cannot thank our members enough for supporting us and collaborating with us on the future of the Michigan wine industry. We need you to help us spread the word about MWC membership. Every member who cultivates a fruitful referral will receive a small thank you gift from MWC.
Reminder that board meetings take place monthly. All members (voting and non-voting) are welcomed to attend. In addition, time is allotted for public comments or questions. The next board meeting is scheduled for July 2nd at 10 am. Board meetings will take place the first Tuesday of the month unless otherwise noted. For call-in information check Basecamp or contact us here.