MI Wine Competition Seeking Sponsors
Last month MWC conducted a succesful election remotely. The results of the election can be examined via the PDF file below.
In summary, all of our re-election positions were successful and unchallenged. All three of our SW MI Winery seats were re-elected including Executive Committee members, David Miller of White Pine Winery and Brian Lesperance of Fenn Valley Vineyards. They will both be retaining their Executive positions as well. Matt Moersch of Round Barn Winery was also re-elected to his SW MI Winery seat as well as Jessica Youngblood of Youngblood Vineyard who will be continuing her post as our SE MI Grower. Gina Shay of Tonnellerie Cadus was also officially elected to Vice President of the Michigan Wine Collaborative. In addition to the Board of Directors election the membership also voted on some policy/bylaw changes. Those are outlined below:
- MWC will adopt Umbrella Membership for groups with multiple companies $1,200/year (up to 5 companies of any size under one umbrella membership). *Includes FREE company logo + message advertising for each company in every MWC monthly newsletter.
- MWC will adopt FREE non-voting reciprocal memberships for other non-profits and campaigns Michigan wine trails, other tourism outlets, and campaigns (i.e. Pure Michigan, Western Michigan Tourism Alliance, Traverse Wine Coast, Buy Michigan Now, etc.)
- MWC will adopt an optional advertising add-on for standard memberships (winery/vineyard/consumer/other voting/other non-voting/other non-profit or campaign): $150/year optional advertising add-on includes a free company logo + message ad in every MWC monthly newsletter
- MWC will adopt a $25 dues rebate for each additional employee of voting member that volunteers on a committee 3-5 hours per month, credited at end of annual dues cycle to be paid at the beginning of the next dues cycle.
- The MWC Board of Directors will add one (1) non-voting seat to be held by the Executive Administrator/Director for the term of their employment with the MWC.
Michigan Craft Beverage Council Announces Research Grants for Beer, Hard Cider, Spirits and Wine Production
Projects selected for 2020 research funding include:
- Grapevine Cold Hardiness Research
- Development of Red-Juiced Apple Cultivars for Michigan Hard Cider
- Investigating the Terroir-Influenced Quality Attributes of Hops
- Variety Selection and Agronomy Practices for Soft Winter Wheat Malting
- Evaluation of Cereal Rye Varieties for the Michigan Craft Distilling Industry
- Role of Planting Date and Seeding Rate in Optimizing Winter Survival, Yield and Quality of Malting Barley
- Developing Integrated Pest Management Approaches for Bunch and Sour Rot Control in Michigan Vineyards
- Optimizing Fungicide Inputs for Disease Management on Barley & Hops
- Fermented Beverage Analysis
- Investigating Winter Hardiness to Advance Winter Malting Barley as a Climate Adaptation Strategy in Michigan
- Berries & Brews: Understanding the Market and Technological Processing Opportunities of Michigan Grown Fruit in the Craft Beverage Industry
- Research Education for Michigan’s Grape, Wine and Cider Industry
- Finding Solutions to Manage Plant-Parasitic Pests in Hopyards
- Increasing Demand for Michigan’s Emerging Hard Cider Industry
|CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE!|
MI Wine Country Website Goes LIVE!
BIG congratulations to our friends at HOUR Media and MI Wine Country Magazine on their recent launch of the website companion to the popular magazine and newsletter. Make sure to check out the site soon and often to stay up to date on MI wine happenings.
|CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE SITE!|
ALL HANDS ON DECK: 2020 MI Wine Competition
MWC has begun the planning process of the 2020 MI Wine Competition with partners, MSU School of Hospitality Business and the Kellogg Center. This year will require increased hands on deck to make this competition the best yet. We are working with much less resources than previously available to produce this event. We are currently recruiting and sourcing volunteers for the MI Wine Competition Committee, sponsorships, and donations. The 2020 MI Wine Competition Sponsorship Packet is currently under construction and should be released in the next couple of weeks. If you are interested in donating time, money, or employees to help produce the 2020 MI Wine Competition please CONTACT US.
Message from the President
Michigan Wine in the News
Spread the word on Michigan Wine Collaborative! We are looking for new members to help propel us and the Michigan wine industry to the next frontier. Every fruitful recruitment by a current MWC member receives a thank you gift from us!
Dave Miller, President
More MWC News
- MI Wine Month 2020
- MWC 2020 Election Recap
- MI Craft Beverage Council Announces New Grant Opportunities
- 2020 Eastern Winery Exposition
For more news and information, please visit us at www.michiganwinecollaborative.com.
We look forward to seeing you online!
Powered by winemi.